Understanding facilitation begins with an awareness of the difference between facilitating and leading. It has been said that leadership is something you do to a group, while facilitation is something you do with a group. Although many Scrum Masters can (and should) be effective facilitators, the facilitator differs from a leader in that the former is cognisant about the use of power, authority, or control and places limitations on uses of it.
This Agile Coach workshop is a two and a half day class for passinate Agilists e who wish to dramatically increase their servant leadership skills, especially as applied to Agile ceremonies, collaborative events and other team “moments of truth.”
The workshop focuses on professional facilitation skills and techniques as applied specifically within the Agile context. This is an intermediate class for Agilists with 3+ months experience working in an Agile environment.Understanding facilitation begins with an awareness of the difference between facilitating and leading.
Agile Coach Course Outline
- Developing facilitation as a core competence.
- The role of the facilitator and self-awareness.
- The role of the team and team development.
- Presentation Skills.
- Building commitment and synergy.
- Facilitation tools for problem solving and decision-making.
- Conflict management, negotiation and assertiveness skills.
Agile Coach Learning Objectives
- Develop the knowledge required to question the structure of your Scrum ceremonies
- Move away from traditional chaired meetings and develop facilitated collective sessions for your scrum ceremonies
- Turn dysfunctional silo'd scrum teams into high performing teams
- Quicklyand elegantly gain consensus on the way forward to ensure understanding and ownership by the scrum team
- Create the environment where people feel heard and valued
- Reduce organisational conflict
- Generate an environment where everyone is happy to get involved
21 PMI® Contact Hours/Professional Development Units and Certificate of Attendance
With a track record in developing agile teams, there is no doubt this is a world class course. Our Highly experienced practitioners will break this down into simple to learn modules and equip you with the skills to facilitate and achieve collaboration within your Scrum teams.
- KHDA Approved
- PMI Accredited
- Voted Best Project Management Training Provider - 2017 & 2018 (MEA Business Awards)
- Voted Leading Project Managment Traingin Provider - 2018 (Corporate Excellence Award)