CITM® - CERTIFIED INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
CITM® is the second course in the EPI IT Training Framework. Also known as the IT specialist's course, CITM® is a3-day course designed to teach the competences required of the modern IT specialist working at the senior
professional, team-leader, supervisor or management level in IT management. Candidates attending this course will prove that they have gained the competences required to provide leadership and take responsibility for team performances and development in dynamic environments.
CITM® is aligned with the latest European e-Competence (e-CF) Framework – addressing prociency
level 3 (Senior Professional/Manager/Consultant). In 2016, the e-CF became a European standard and was published offcially as the European Norm EN 16234-1.
Certified IT Manager Course Outline
- IT Strategy
- IT Organisation
- Vendor selection & Management
- Project Management
- Application Management
- Service Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Risk Management
- Information Security Management
- Information & Knowledge Management
- Business Change Management
- Technology Trends
Check out the course outline for a more detailed description of the Certified IT Manager Course.
CITM Learning Benefits
After completion of the course you will be able to:
- Provide guidance and implementation for IT strategy as set by senior IT and business management
- Select and manage sta, implement training programs, career plan development and job rotation programs
- Select, evaluate and negotiate vendors using RFI, RFP and selection criteria
- Provide guidance for developing, testing and implementing business applications
- Manage and/or assist in IT project management
- Design and implement service management processes for problem and change management
- Understand the need for business continuity and design the business continuity plan
- Review and implement information security practices and controls
- Understand the need for business change, the role and activities of the Business Relationship Manager
- Initiate and assist in risk management practices
- Understand and select new technologies such as Blockchain, Big Data and Articial Intelligence
- Select suitable technologies for information management
- Measure and improve quality of IT services
Candidates who successfully pass the exam will receive the ocial ‘Certied InformationTechnology Manager’ certicate. The certication is valid for three years after whichthe candidate needs to re-certify.
The CITM® course material and exam are globally accredited by EXIN. EXIN is a world leading provider of independent certication and accreditation in the IT and data centre sectors. EXIN is ISO-certified (ISO 9001:2008). Operating Exam Certication exams are administered at the end of the last training day by an authorised training partner.
- 75-minute closed-book exam
- 50 multiple-choice questions.
- The candidate requires a minimum of 33 correct answers to pass the exam.
Vendors Selection and Management
Vendor reference checks
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
Business Continuity Planning
Monitoring and control
Information Security Management
Guideline for controls selection
Information security awareness program
Security incident response
Information and Knowledge Management
Business Change Management
Research and Development