Applying the Scrum Master role within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise with SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Certification - Based on version 4.6 of SAFe
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
SAFe Scrum Master Course Outline
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
SAFe Scrum Master Learning Objectives
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
Whats included in this SAFe Scrum Master certification course?
The class registration includes:
- Printed attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
SAFe Scrum master Exam Details
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. .
14 PMI® Contact Hours/Professional Development Units
Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
Facilitate Scrum events
Facilitate effective Iteration execution
Support effective Program Increment execution
Support relentless improvement
Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
Support DevOps implementation
As Scaled Agile training & consulting experts we truly understand how to scale agile beyond the team level.
- Official Scaled Agile Training Provider
- Voted Best Project Management Training Provider - 2017 & 2018 (MEA Business Awards)
- Voted Leading Project Managment Training Provider - 2018 (Corporate Excellence Award)
- The guarantee that we don’t compromise on quality; ensuring your decision to invest in your education is sound.