Service Transition - The Release, Control and Validation (RCV) module is one of the qualifications in the ITIL® Service Capability work stream. The module focuses on the practical application of RCV practices in order to enable the successful planning, testing and implementation of new services that meet the organization’s or users’ needs.
The content of the service transition RCV course is based mainly on the best practice guidance contained in the ITIL service transition publication. This ITIL Intermediate RCV course is designed to develop organizations’ or individuals’ understanding of the ITIL Service Transition processes. It can ensure transitional changes are effectively managed, new services are validated and tested and that release and deployment fulfil organizational requirements. RCV also provides guidance on evaluating change and managing knowledge to improve decision-making processes.
ITIL Intermediate RCV Course Outline
- Learning Unit RCV01: Introduction to release, control and validation (RCV) - service transition
- Learning Unit RCV02: Change management
- Learning Unit RCV03: Service asset and configuration management (SACM)
- Learning Unit RCV04: Service validation and testing (SVT)
- Learning Unit RCV05: Release and deployment management (RDM)
- Learning Unit RCV06: Request fulfilment
- Learning Unit RCV07: Change evaluation
- Learning Unit RCV08: Knowledge management (KM)
- Learning Unit RCV09: Release, control and validation roles and responsibilities
- Learning Unit RCV10: Technology and Implementation Considerations
Release, Control and Validation Examination
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Eight questions per paper
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 70%
- 90 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
28 PMI® Contact Hours/Professional Development Units
ITIL Intermediate Certificate of Attendance - Service Transition Release, Control & Validation
Learning Unit RCV01: Introduction to release, control and validation (RCV)
Learning Unit RCV02: Change management
Learning Unit RCV03: Service asset and configuration management (SACM)
Learning Unit RCV04: Service validation and testing (SVT)
Learning Unit RCV05: Release and deployment management (RDM)
Learning Unit RCV06: Request fulfilment
Learning Unit RCV07: Change evaluation
Learning Unit RCV08: Knowledge management (KM)
Learning Unit RCV09: Release, control and validation roles and responsibilities
Learning Unit RCV10: Technology and Implementation Considerations
With a track record in developing and certifying ITSM Professionals , there is no doubt this is a world class course. Our Highly experienced practitioners will break this down into simple to learn modules and help you understand the value of IT in a service based organisation.
What makes us different?
- Official KHDA Accredited Training Provider
- Official PMI Registered Education Training Provider
- Official Axelos and Peoplecert Accredited Training Provider
- 99.999% 1st time pass rate
- Voted Best Project Management Training Provider - 2017 & 2018 (MEA Business Awards)
- Voted Leading Project Managment Training Provider - 2018 (Corporate Excellence Award)
- The guarantee that we don’t compromise on quality; ensuring your decision to invest in your education is sound.