Obtain the prestigious SASM with the Learning Initiative - A Scaled Agile Training Partner
Advancing Scrum Master servant leadership with the Scaled Agile Framework®
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation.
The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course also offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending this SAFe Scrum class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a highly sought after certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Course Outline
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Learning Objectives
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Prerequisites
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
Whats included in this SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification course?
The class registration includes:
- Printed attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
SAFe Advanced scrum master Exam Details
- Exam Name: SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice;
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
Facilitating program execution
Improving flow with Kanban and XP
Building high-performing teams
Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
As Scaled Agile training & consulting experts; we truly understand how to scale agile beyond the team level.
- Official Scaled Agile Training Provider
- Voted Best Project Management Training Provider - 2017 & 2018 (MEA Business Awards)
- Voted Leading Project Managment Training Provider - 2018 (Corporate Excellence Award)
- The guarantee that we don’t compromise on quality; ensuring your decision to invest in your education is sound.